Coronavirus (COVID-19) Changes to Medical Records Requests
To ensure the safety and well-being of our patients, their families, and staff during the coronavirus (COVID-19) visitation restrictions, the Medical Records office is temporarily closed. If you need medical records, please follow these steps to drop off or mail your request.
The quickest and easiest way to request a copy of your medical records or medical images is through MyChart. Register for MyChart here or call (404) 616-5551Quay thử miền nam hôm nay to activate your account.
Or you can request medical records or medical images by following these steps:
- COMPLETE THE AUTHORIZATION FORM
Before any records or medical images (X-ray, CT, MRI) can be released you must complete, sign, and date Grady’s medical records release form that is compliant with the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act. Download Grady’s Medical Records Release Form
- MAKE YOUR REQUEST
- By mail by sending a copy of your government-issued ID and the completed release form to:
Grady Health System
Medical Records, Box 26219
80 Jesse Hill Jr. Drive SE
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
- In-person by visiting Grady’s Medical Records Department. You must present a government-issued ID and the completed medical records release form
- By fax to (404) 489-6447; requests must include all supporting documents.
- By proxy via a family member or friend. The individual representing you must present their government-issued ID, a copy of the patient’s ID, and the completed medical records release form
- PAY AND RECEIVE YOUR RECORDS
After we process the request, we’ll mail you an invoice. The cost is based on the number of pages being released and the kinds of records you requested. Once the invoice is paid, you will receive a copy of your records. Records and scans are stored electronically offsite. The fee for releasing your health records covers the costs of labor, time and resources. The state of Georgia regulates how much an organization may charge per page. Grady complies with state and federal regulations related to release of medical record information. If you have other questions, call the Medical Records team at (404) 616-4282 Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Quay thử miền nam hôm nayMedical Records is located on the Ground Floor in the Patient Financial Services office (GA007). Ask for directions at the Information Desk or download our way finding app on your smartphone for step-by-step directions.